Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Adventures of Microwave Mitt Monsters: A Creatures of Etsy Feature

The Continued Adventures of the Microwave Mitt Monsters

Dear Roy,

RoadToGrinnell has so many cute cards, and tags, and gift bags, and oh, I wanted to take some home with me. And she has headbands. You know, I heard MTIS talking about those headbands. She has one and thinks it's the best headband she's ever had! I don't know why human girls like headbands so much. I'm a girl and I don't wear headbands. Oh well...humans are strange, IMO.

Mike was thoroughly bored. He wandered off after a while; I'm not sure what he did. But I had so much fun last night, I am going to go out again, if I can get Mike to go with me!

Your sister,

Wayve


Dear Roy,

Yup, it was just like I thought it would be. Quite boring. Why do girls want to send cards to everyone? Guess they must like getting mail or something like that.

I decided to do an Etsy search for chainmaille. You are going to have to check this out, bro, it's so cool! Maybe you can convince your human to buy a keychain made out of this totally cool stuff. See? http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16556290

I think I might go look for more interesting stuff on Etsy tomorrow night. Seems Wayve wants to go, so I might as well take her!

Your brother,
Mike


Dear Mike and Wayve,

Glad you had fun last night! I may have to join you sometime! Maybe we can meet in the chatroom or the forums and go browsing from there?

It's been a lot easier to keep in touch than I thought it'd be. Etsy has a lot of ways to contact each other. We'll never lose contact!

Well, I hate to run, but I hear my human coming home from work. I'll talk to you some other time!

Love,
Roy



Coming up next time: a read-aloud fairy tale for children.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Hi!


This blog combines two loves of mine: Etsy and story-writing.


Each post is going to be a story which includes a number of different items that I find on Etsy.


I choose the items from a list of applicants, as well as browsing on Etsy! I try to include some "free" items as well as some that pay for the priviledge of advertising on my blog. (I will choose from applicants at my discretion)


The small fee is for my time taken in writing these promotional stories. I do have to pay for things like yarn and a car and other living costs! :) I don't really want to end up as a "starving author". :) See below for rates.


All stories will be clean and positive. No swearing or rough language, no blood, no adult content.


So follow me – tell your friends – convo with your application – this is a great opportunity for your items to be seen and remembered!


Giveaways and contests are welcome: if you would like to sponsor one, let me know!


Rates:

Custom Story: $25 (a full post focusing around your item, with your theme of story. Very hard position to get!!!)

Creatures of Etsy feature: $15 (a full post focusing around your creature)

Regular Story Main Feature: $15 (the story (my themes) is written with your item as a main focus talking about it multiple times)

Regular Story Minor Feature: $8 (the story (my themes) includes your item as a minor piece.)

I take Paypal or trades only. Payment due after the story is written but before it is posted.

Convo me through my Etsy shop (www.morethanitseams.etsy.com) to apply! :)


I reserve the right to reject applicants on any and all grounds. Sorry, I just don't have the time or resources to do everyone's items! I have to draw the line somewhere! :)

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP