Monday, August 24, 2009

The Blessings Guild: The Beginning

Part Three:

"You don't really need everyone here for this, do you?" Jamie's brother Jeremy asked as he opened the car door next to Jamie.

Jamie whispered back to him, "This is the first drop-off; everyone needs to know how to do it so we are more effective later!"

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "You kids think this is so fun, sneaking around, don't you?"

Jamie grinned. "Yup!"

All the girls gathered around Jamie. "No wheelchair?" Emmaline asked.

"Nope, I don't need it." With a dramatic pause, Jamie announced, "Jeremy can carry me."

"We do this all the time when Jamie's wheelchair can't fit through tight places," Jeremy explained. "I'll carry her, and you kids carry the baskets."

Jamie handed out the baskets from Jeremy's car. Emmaline was assigned one, as was Leelee. The girls without baskets stayed at the edge of the property. Jamie was ready to make them take notes on the proceedings for next time, but her mom said it wasn't necessary. No one but Jamie was disappointed at that!

Closer and closer the girls, Jeremy, and Leelee's guide dog crept to the house. One by one, each girl dropped her basket by the door. Then, Jamie reached out for the doorbell.

Diing-dong.

"Scatter!" Jamie whispered excitedly.

By the time the Hansens opened the door, Jamie was in the car, seatbelt on, and Jeremy was starting the engine. The other girls in the other cars were already down the street.

Later, after the other girls had gone home, Emmaline was saying her goodbyes to Jamie.

"I had a great time tonight. I can't wait to do it again."

"Glad you did," Jamie replied with a smile. She followed Em to the door. "See, this old thing didn't stop me at all." She tapped her wheelchair. "God can use everyone in some way."

Emmaline smiled. "Yes, He can."

THE END

0 comments:

About This Blog

Hi!


This blog combines two loves of mine: Etsy and story-writing.


Each post is going to be a story which includes a number of different items that I find on Etsy.


I choose the items from a list of applicants, as well as browsing on Etsy! I try to include some "free" items as well as some that pay for the priviledge of advertising on my blog. (I will choose from applicants at my discretion)


The small fee is for my time taken in writing these promotional stories. I do have to pay for things like yarn and a car and other living costs! :) I don't really want to end up as a "starving author". :) See below for rates.


All stories will be clean and positive. No swearing or rough language, no blood, no adult content.


So follow me – tell your friends – convo with your application – this is a great opportunity for your items to be seen and remembered!


Giveaways and contests are welcome: if you would like to sponsor one, let me know!


Rates:

Custom Story: $25 (a full post focusing around your item, with your theme of story. Very hard position to get!!!)

Creatures of Etsy feature: $15 (a full post focusing around your creature)

Regular Story Main Feature: $15 (the story (my themes) is written with your item as a main focus talking about it multiple times)

Regular Story Minor Feature: $8 (the story (my themes) includes your item as a minor piece.)

I take Paypal or trades only. Payment due after the story is written but before it is posted.

Convo me through my Etsy shop (www.morethanitseams.etsy.com) to apply! :)


I reserve the right to reject applicants on any and all grounds. Sorry, I just don't have the time or resources to do everyone's items! I have to draw the line somewhere! :)

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP